Friday, October 9, 2009

Power > Words

I was reading in 1 Corinthians this week and I came across a verse that really excited me:

1 Corinthians 4:20
"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power."

WHAT?!?! Craziness, I know.

God uses words to create our visible reality, yet His kingdom (I am translating that as Heaven) consists of/exists in / was made via power. Wow. What does that look like? As if speaking words and creating things with those words was not incredible enough - it's simply a display/avenue/example of power.

Power is greater than words.

If comparing progressed art mediums/forms with their predecessors, power being greater than words is almost like...Paint to Photography, sequential paintings to moving pictures, Hellenistic idols to Rodin's figures... Those examples don't even really come close to a proper comparison of power to words.

What do you think about that? I think there is so much more that could be discussed here...power is such a braod subject and term...

No comments:

Post a Comment